Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Activity - First time Swimming

I had never swam as a child.  My first experience swimming was on a family holiday in Egypt.  We visited some pools near the Red Sea in Alexandria.  First we went to the beach, there were many people swimming but I was too scared to go into the huge sea, but further up there was a smaller pool that looked nice.  I changed into my swimsuit, my friends were doggie-paddling in the water already, so I jumped in!  At first I could touch the bottom with my feet, and we were playing a game with a ball in the water.  I went to catch the ball in the water and I slipped into the deep part of the water where my feet couldn't touch.  My friends thought I was practicing but I thought I was drowning.  Somehow I made it back to the surface with God's help! I've been in the water since!

No comments:

Post a Comment